The Cape May County Zoo offers a unique program for Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts to complete the initial steps necessary to earn their wildlife and animal related badges. Each program offers a hands-on learning session in the classroom, up-close animal experiences, and a worksheet that can be completed within the zoo. We offer three Scout Program options to choose from:
All Ages Cub Scouts: Tigers, Wolf, Bears & Webelos. Girls Scouts: Daisies & Brownies. Includes up-close encounters with our education ambassador animals, classroom activities, activity booklet, a worksheet to take into the zoo to complete requirements, and a special Cape May County Park & Zoo Honorary Scout Badge.
Imagine meeting a Monkey or walking near a Wallaby. These animals live in the wild, so we don’t get to spend too much time with them in their natural habitats. But that doesn't mean we can’t find out more about where they live, how they play, and how we can help them, while we visit the Cape May County Zoo. During this program we will investigate animal habitats, replicate an animal 'house', and explore endangered habitats around the world. This program includes a classroom session, up-close encounters with a few of our education animals, an activity booklet to be completed for future badge requirements, a worksheet to take into the zoo for completion, and a special Cape May County Park & Zoo Honorary Scout Badge. This program will cover 4 of the 5 required steps for the Girl Scout Badge.
Join us for a wild adventure while you work on your Mammal Study Merit Badge. This program covers #1, #2, #3C and #4C of your badge requirements. #5 is to be completed on the Scouts time and upon completion the Scout will be eligible for their Mammal Study Merit Badge. Blue cards cannot be signed the day of the program. This program includes a Merit Badge Workbook, up-close encounters with some of our education ambassador animals, classroom activities, mammal observation time, and a worksheet to guide them through exploration of the Zoo, and a special Cape May County Park & Zoo Honorary Scout Badge. This program will cover 4 of the 5 required steps for the Boy Scouts Merit Badge.
- The minimum program charge is $105 for 7 scouts and 1 adult Leader/Chaperone. One Leaders/Chaperones is free per 7 scouts.
- Additional Scouts (more than 7) are $15.00 each.
- Scout Groups must have at 1 Leader/Chaperone per every 7 scouts. (2 adults are required for 8-14 scouts, 3 are required for 15-20 scouts),
- All Scout Groups must pre-register and be paid in full at least 2 weeks in advance.
- Programs are offered from September through June, Saturdays and Sundays from 9:30 am to 11:00 am.
- Additional chaperones and family members are welcome to join for the zoo portion but are not permitted in the classroom.